Hambleys is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our aim is to respect your privacy and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
The Data Controller
Hambleys is the Data Controller for any personal data you give to us. Our full details are:
off Bayley Street
Telephone: 0161 303 2100
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the site www.hambleys.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of making an enquiry on our site, subscribing to our updates or newsletters, entering a competition via our website or completing online surveys. Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- Process enquiries that you have submitted
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- Dealing with entries into a competition
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:Dale Street, off Bayley Street, Stalybridge, Cheshire, SK15 1PU, United Kingdom. Alternatively, you can telephone 0161 303 2100.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (we may charge £10 for information requests) to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to other sites
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data at anytime. Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal information Hambleys holds about you
- To have any inaccuracies corrected
- To have your personal data erased
- To place a restriction on our processing of your data
- To object to processing
- To request your data to be ported (data portability).
To learn more about these rights please see the ICO website.
Please address any such requests to the Hambleys Protection Officer via email@example.com.
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Your data abroad
We do not transfer or process data outside the European Economic Area unless we have your specific consent or where the nature of the processing requires it (for example, because you have chosen to use an email or other communications service which routes data outside the EEA).